Friday, February 3, 2012

Link. Link. And another link

So these are my three ideas for my Rhetorical Analysis.


The first one is about how we should be proud of our body and that it doesn't matter what our weight is. She is talking to all girls, not just the ones who have trouble with their weight.  

Link

This one the writer is a Member of the Church. He is writing to other members of the church saying that we should be kinder and less judgmental. It is a really good paper.

Link

This third one is a girl who is trying to prove that she isn't a hipster. It is kinda hilarious. She is mainly talking to her friends who have been giving her a hard time lately.

Link

6 comments:

  1. Those are really cool posts you've chosen.

    I especially like the hipster one. She is almost being hipster about being a hipster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of the articles that you have chosen. The article on members of the church I think will be a really interesting one to look deeper into and critique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think even though we, as members, believe that we shouldn't judge, we do it a lot. It would be good to expose that.

      Delete
  3. You've got some great options here, Katelynn. Either of the first two sound really intriguing--body image is a pretty popular topic these days. There's a new documentary about it coming out pretty soon--Miss Representation, I think. The third post might be slightly more difficult given the list format and so forth, but I think you could make that work as well. Any of these posts could make a great RA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your first two choices. They are very powerful subjects so the articles can be easilty compared to what has already been said and if they accurately capture the common mindset of today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah when I was picking them I was planning on using one of the first two. The last one was mostly for entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete